The doubly powerful effects of ginger and moringa.
Used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, both the ginger stem and the moringa plant have their own health benefits, these are compounded when the herbs are mixed together.
Properties of moringa
- It is an anti-inflammatory – this is very important for healing pain, and other illnesses.
- The leaves of the moringa plant contain benzyl isothiocyanate, this has been shown to help in the fight against cancer cells.
- Moringa can help lower your cholesterol.
- The anti-inflammatory agents are great for healing headaches.
- Drinking moringa tea is a great way to help the liver to detox.
- The high amount of vitamins and minerals help with conditions such as low energy and anemia.
Properties of ginger
- Ginger is historically the best natural remedy for stomach complaints such as upset stomach, morning sickness and can help reduce dizziness.
- Ginger is great for the stomach for those suffering sickness from stomach ulcers.
- It can help reduce pain and swelling in muscles.
- It aids relaxation and can reduce stress and anxiety.
The following recipe for ginger and moringa tea combines the health benefits from both plant into one powerful tonic.
The recipe can be taken every day to help stop infections taking hold, to boost your immune system and give you extra energy and positivity for the day to come.
Ginger and moringa tea recipe
-85 g fresh ginger
-10 pretty green moringa leaves
-A teaspoon of honey (optional)
-4 cups water
- Wash ginger root very well and cut into slices, boil them together with the 4 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the moringa leaves, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and drink.
- Add honey to sweeten.