Try this meat-free lasagne today.
Looking to eat healthier and cut down on calories and fat but don’t want to miss out on delicious food? This lasagne recipe is for you.
In the quest for a healthy diet, many people think that eating hearty, flavorful food is something you have to cut out. Wrong. All you need is the right recipes.
This lasagne is made only from the healthiest ingredients, but it tastes like a calorie-packed home-made one.
One of the key elements of this lasange is the use of cashew nut cheese, in place or regular cheese.
Regular cheese is fine in small amounts, but the problems is many people don’t realize how much they are eating. Cheese is high in fat and salt, both of these together can really sabotage your healthy efforts.
Cashew nut cheese is a great alternative to regular cheese in recipes like this where the cheese plays an important role, but we guarantee that you won’t be able to tell the difference.
Cashew nut cheese is much healthier than regular cheese, their taste is reminiscent of a nutty cheese, but they have zero cholesterol. They are packed with magnesium, copper and are full of antioxidants, like many other nuts pound for pound they are one of the healthiest things you can eat.
For Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt
- ½ cup filtered water
For Tomato Layer
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5-6 zucchini, thinly sliced or use mandolin
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare cashew cheese in high-speed blender or food processor by adding all ingredients and processing until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare tomato sauce layer in the food processor by adding all ingredients and processing until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- To assemble lasagne, start by creating a layer of zucchini strips on bottom, followed by a layer of halved cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, spinach and cashew cheese.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, ideally finishing with a layer of cashew cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top and zucchini layers are soft
Featured Image – MaxPixel